[SML] Use of weapons in production

Kristi R-C misswisc at aol.com
Wed Oct 28 00:25:41 UTC 2015

Just went through this with the campus here.

Since we don't have the budget to hire a well-qualified weapons master, I nixed using anything that fires anything. Too many accidents and deaths when there are people who supposedly know what they are doing. No way am I going to make that phone call to a coed's Mom.

Bought a plastic replica with a small Orange tip. The bang is a sound effect. Actors act.

We double lock them up - locked storage in a locked room. Only a few of us have access. Stage Manager gets it right before it is needed, carries to the space in a container so no one is alarmed in the halls, hands to actor, actor uses, Stage Manager immediately returns to lock up.

Talked with campus police so they know what's happening. They were very happy we made the call and even offered space in their lockers if we needed it.

Show is closing next week. All good.

Kristi R-C