[SML] Use of weapons in production

Colin Williams cw.mpls at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 02:21:01 UTC 2015

The authority on guns on stage is Properties Master Jim Guy of the
Milwaukee Repertory Theatre.  His presentation at USITT in Milwaukee was
excellent. Try jguy at milwaukeerep.com or 414-795-8343.  It's serious
business.
Colin
SM/Stage Technician

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 9:08 PM, Jon Ares via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 5:25 PM, Kristi R-C via Stagecraft
> <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> > Talked with campus police so they know what's happening. They were very
> > happy we made the call and even offered space in their lockers if we
> needed
> > it.
>
> That's a great thing right there.... I have been doing that for years,
> whether it's a replica pistol, or rapiers and daggers... I also take
> pictures of all the weapons, and list the actors (students) that will
> handle them, as well as the designated wrangler. I give all this to my
> campus security office.  (I also warn all the actors/techs this is
> happening.)
>
> --
> Jon Ares
> www.arescreative.com