[SML] Dimming Cooling

Alf Sauve' alf at sauve.org
Thu Sep 3 12:39:27 UTC 2015

Yes, but not to the extent we are now.

Just worked on a Gym where we replaced the old sodium vapors with large
LED panels.  They dim to allow for events other than ball games.
Manufacturer said it was cheaper to have one dimmer system for the 20
panels than to have separate dimmers in eacthem4 circuits for
traditional fixtures for a small portable stage area.  Next step up will
be with self contained LED fixtures and movers.

For some architectural systems, dimmers are still viable even with LED
lighting.