[SML] media servers: was Re: Future of Luminaires

Mike Katz narishkup at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 14:05:33 UTC 2015

I am sure technically one could light a stage using video projectors, no
one has yet mentioned what I consider the biggest obstacle. Who is going to
create the software, IE the video for even one projector never mind
hundreds.  Even now when directors ask for video in a show (because that
makes their show high end and contemporary :-) ) everyone at the production
meeting immediately sinks down in their chairs to say NOT ME! Even if there
is a video designer, most shows simply cannot afford 1 full length video
feed, never mind many.
So sorry there might be a few shows to play with the idea, but I for one
will not hold my breath waiting.
Mike

Michael Katz
narishkup at gmail.com