[SML] media servers: was Re: Future of Luminaires

Chip Wood chip.a.wood at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 21:17:06 UTC 2015

Not me?  Then who.  The sound guy typically is given this task because
video is lots of software, small wires or wireless, and finicky, not
massive  wattage run thru massive cables like lights.  BUT, the final
output is used like lights-color, brightness, image , location, etc.  A
lot of us drifted to the sound side because we were colorblind (not a
good thing for LDs) to a more or lesser degree, but had "golden" ears
and/or  were going to post the latest $M recording  .   Does any
institute have a program for Video Designers (VDs) ?   Does anybody put
VD first on their business card?

Chip 1