[SML] media servers: was Re: Future of Luminaires

Chip Wood chip.a.wood at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 22:08:29 UTC 2015

On even a cruder scale.  My company toured a single set "Christmas
Carol", everything fitting into a SUV.  We could have done it
Shakespeare style "Here is a small boy in an empty schoolroom", but I
added a simple front projector onto a 20"x20" white cloth worked into a
masking flat.  After each show I asked audience members if the images
helped or distracted from the show.  About 95% good reaction saying it
added to story. The other 5% wanted the screen bigger.  I even got fancy
and morphed  Marley's face on and off the door knocker.

BTW, usually you can buy an  ""Official Sound Effects" tape/CD w/ the
script.  Don't! Never had a good experience with one and ended up
rolling my own.

Chip 1