[SML] Giving Notice....

Douglas G Marshall dmarshall at andersonuniversity.edu
Tue Sep 22 19:14:55 UTC 2015

Consult your employee handbook.  It should state the minimum expectations for employment termination.  Do you have a contract?

I work in a Right to work state:  South Carolina.   (or right to fire whenever they want) They take great pride in not having contracts and letting me know that I can be terminated for any reason or no reason at any time with no notice.    My handbook states I must give 30 Day notice as a Full Time Exempt Staff member to receive Good Standing and any vacation pay owed.   Faculty are expected to finish the Year out. (they have contracts)

My job, there is no good time to leave.  Semesters mean little, as summer camps come in right after.  There is a "slow"  or normal week or two in August.