[SML] LED Neon Flex

gbierly gbierly at dejazzd.com
Wed Sep 23 17:52:18 UTC 2015

>> Anyone ever used this product: http://ledneonflex.com/products/vivid-rgb/
>>
>> It uses an SMD 5050 LED as the light source.  A team member suggested
>> it as a solution to conventional neon, but I am no convinced it will
>> be as bright or cut through other light as well as conventional neon.

I have seen a number of these products and the light output is excellent.  The cost is high.  Atomic Design uses a version that is rock solid for them in their high end corporate scenic design but I can't remember which brand.  I did just create a low budget version with simple pipe and led strip.  In my application I used white only led tape and translucent white air tubing and translucent PEX tubing to create a neon look.  The white tubing would probably have worked as well with RGB tape but white was all that was needed for this application.  This was far cheaper than the Non-Neon lighting would have been.