[SML] ETC aRFR

John Palmer johndpalmer at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 23 23:17:51 UTC 2015

I don't use the iRFR and aRFR with Element, but I like the app immensely.There are some differences between the Android and iOS versions.  The Android version has fewer display options, but worked fine when I tested it.  You can demo the Android version before you buy it.Cost is $49.99 + tax.I just speced a bunch of Android tablets for a new console purchase.  I was able to get 3 small Android phones and 3 7" tablets for the cost of one iPad Mini.  One of each will be stored to be used as replacements for the inevitable loss or damage.  I will have one in the FOH positions.  The other three will be handed out so that troubleshooting and focus can carry on independently.I have an old router that I use for an access point on freelance gigs.  I disabled its DHCP controls and gave it a static ip.  I've never had a problem with it.One thing to know is that some routers will not allow setting a subnet of 255.255.0.0.  I think it was a Netgear that wouldn't do it, but I don't remember for sure.  You need to be on a subnet of 255.255.0.0 to work on a standard 10.101.xx.xxx ETCNet3 network.  As I understand it, this is the default subnet on a class B network.  Class C employs the typical 255.255.255.0 default subnet.Take care,John John D. Palmer (213) 453-1547