[SML] Sub-batten rigging suggestions....

Dave Vick dave.vick at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 02:39:58 UTC 2015

On Thursday, September 24, 2015, Jon Ares via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Two methods, as I see:
> Method One (from top batten down to sub-batten):
> Batten > Batten Clamp > Shackle  > Chain  > (can I use a turnbuckle
> here?)  >  Shackle  > Chain > Sub-batten
>
> Method Two:
> Batten > Batten Clamp > Shackle  > Chain  > Shackle  > Batten Clamp
> > Sub-batten

Either way will work fine.

As Bill says, if you twist the chain you can get away from having to deal
with those annoying turnbuckles. That trick doesn't work with wire rope
downlegs, although if you try the SpanSet trick it'll work with them... But
it takes some effort to rig it.

--
Dave Vick
Asst. Carpenter / Flyman; "Annie" On Tour '15-'16