[SML] Sub-batten rigging suggestions....

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Fri Sep 25 02:55:48 UTC 2015

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 7:39 PM, Dave Vick via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> Either way will work fine.
>
> As Bill says, if you twist the chain you can get away from having to deal
> with those annoying turnbuckles. That trick doesn't work with wire rope
> downlegs, although if you try the SpanSet trick it'll work with them... But
> it takes some effort to rig it.

Thanks, y'all.  And thanks Bill S... I'm all for cutting out the
"dumb" things - turnbuckle is out of the equation now.

Mike - I have no problem with doing it up all nice n' purty with rope,
but I think my Powers That Be will easily go for the chain solution,
because A) there's already chain in some of those spots, and 2) the
recent rigging inspection recommended chain, and III) rope might look
a bit less "polished" than expensive hardware. :)

Not to toot my own horn too much, but the rigging inspection report
came back raving about what remarkable condition the facility and
rigging is in, and even named me the culprit er, reason behind it.
(Not bad for a 10-year-old high school PAC that has a ton of events
come through it.)

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com