[SML] Sub-batten rigging suggestions....

Dave Vick dave.vick at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 18:38:09 UTC 2015

On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 9:53 AM, Lou Poppler via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> However, another concern with roundslings is fire safety.  I was always
> taught to backup roundslings with a wire-rope safety in all the temporary
> and rock'n'roll rigging I've done, so that the load is still supported in
> case of enough heat to degrade the roundslings.

In that case, you use SteelFlex (formerly GACFlex) slings, and rest
easy. I've gotten pretty much completely away from using roundslings
that don't have a steel core in the rigging packages I spec for the
road - if anyone has a good reason not to use a steel-cored
roundsling, I have yet to hear it.

--
Dave Vick
517-749-3859