[SML] OT: In-car assisted listening device

Dale Farmer dale at cybercom.net
Wed Sep 30 16:33:11 UTC 2015

Look at motorcycle intercom systems.
Dale

-------- Original message --------
From: "Dougherty, Jim via Stagecraft" <stagecraft at theatrical.net>
Date: 09/30/2015  11:36  (GMT-05:00)
To: Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net>
Cc: "Dougherty, Jim" <jdougher at middlebury.edu>
Subject: [SML] OT: In-car assisted listening device

I’m looking to find a technological solution to a geriatric problem close to my heart: Two elderly people drive in a car. The only one able to drive, or at least that should be driving, has lung issues that preclude strong voice projection. The passenger is deaf in the left ear. I’m looking to find a mic/speaker setup that can be mounted in a car, run off 12V if possible and pick up the driver’s voice and make it audible to the passenger, potentially already wearing a hearing aid. Feedback isn’t an option. Can be wired or wireless - why make things hard? Any thoughts appreciated. - Jim Dougherty ATD, Middlbury College Theatre Dept.