[SML] The more things change...

Kristi R-C misswisc at aol.com
Tue Apr 5 22:41:50 UTC 2016

One problem is that parents and community members don't know the version of the show being done. The HS version of RENT is rated PG and gives an opportunity to have some great discussions about sex, relationships, and even paying rent - things kids don't often talk with parents about. Whenever I see something like this, I think of the school that replaced PIPPIN (lots of double entendre about the king) with GREASE because premarital sex, smoking and gangs are more "family friendly."

Kristi R-C