[SML] 3d modeller

Ben Thoron SML bthoronsml at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 21:48:05 UTC 2016

I need the services of a good 3d modeller.  I have a sketch up model, a
bunch of top, side etc views, but I'm struggling to get AutoCAD to do what
I need.
The image is a coiled ribbon, suspended over the stage, it tapers both in
width and height as it travels up in a sloped coil.
I have tried all usual tricks I know. Sweeping objects along 3d splines,
but I think I may have hit the edge of what AutoCAD does well.
So, is there a better program for modelling a 3d shape like this, and if so
a competent operator to make a useful file for me?

Thoughts?

Ben Thoron
Technical Director, the Old Globe
Bthoron at theoldglobe