[SML] Band Saws

Mt. Angel Performing Arts Center admin at mtangelperformingarts.com
Fri Apr 8 14:22:17 UTC 2016

A lot of wonderful old iron can have a new lease on life by adding a
Variable Frequency Drive.

Many VFDs take single phase input power and output 3-phase. A bonus is
they can turn a fixed-speed 3-phase motor into variable-speed, so
cutting wood, plastic, foam or metal is possible by adjusting the blade
speed to the material.

We got our VFDs from Dealers Electric based on pricing at the time. They
currently show a 2 horsepower single-phase input, 3-phase output unit
for $159 plus shipping. I have no connection other than as a satisfied
customer.

<http://dealerselectric.com/230V-single-phase-input.asp>

I'm sorry to hear your facility lost all that equipment to a preventable
theft - that just sucks.

Carla

When you think about how bad your job is, remember that somewhere
there's a guy in front of a tax office dressed as the Statue of Liberty.