[SML] The more things change...

Joe D jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 5 20:50:14 UTC 2016

"Randy Porter" <randy.1611 at gmail.com> said;
> What you don't understand is that by making a
> choice, the school is FORCING its view,

Well stated.  For some reason, people have no problem censoring the school from doing things that view racism as OK.  Some want to dogmatically enforce only atheist or materialist world views at a school, but can get away with it because the have successfully redefining the establishment clause, and getting their atheistic faith excluded from being considered a faith.

IN regards to Pippin, I recently saw it at a local High School.  I know there  can be a lot of variation in presentation, depending on how a theater chooses to emphasizes or de-emphasizes certain aspects. I am also not Catholic, and even Catholics world agree with a lot of the mocking of what was going on in the name of Catholicism at the time.  But, it did seem to have an overall anti-Catholic message.

To illustrate why, suppose a production had several black characters in it.  Each of them is portrayed as stupid. Now, no one denies that stupid black people exist. But, if ALL the black characters in a production are stupid, it tends to send the message that black people are stupid.  If even one of the black characters showed intelligence, that would strongly work against that offensive message.

In Pippin, all depictions of religion, and especially Catholic, are negative.

Joe Dunfee
 jdunfee12 at yahoo.com