[SML] Job Opening, Scene Design Professor

John McAfee jrpmcafee at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 20:19:37 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Due to a retirement, we’ve just posted a tenure-track faculty position for design.  Looking over the posting, I see that my suggestion of sound design as a secondary didn’t make it in, but I know that we are interested in a sound background as well.

I have griped about the institution, the new buliding, and the quirks at this bar before.  It has its challenges, but we are making good strides forward (as evidenced by a new design position).  I’ve put together a technical theatre concentration and the person in this new position would be able to shape that pretty freely.

Link:  https://www.bowiestate.edu/files/resources/assisstant-professor--faculty-theatr-scene-design-.pdf

If you have questions, you can let me know (I think.  I’m on the search committee, but I was told to tell people about the job, so I think I can answer questions).

Thanks,
John