[SML] AB5 Safety Glove Mark VIII

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Tue Aug 2 18:19:10 UTC 2016

On 08/02/2016 03:30 AM, Trevor Learoyd via Stagecraft wrote:
> From the video it looks like they're built like safety footwear, with
> steel or similar "finger caps". No protection over the rest of the
> hand, although the finger caps should help in a crush situation.
>
> Cheers,
> Trevor

I imagine he is just going for finger tip injuries like toe injuries,
can't protect everything.  My wife lost a fingertip at her old job when
her glove caught in the machine and pulled her in.  Either bare hands or
these gloves might have stopped that.

I did once have a heavy part fall off a piece of equipment I picked up
(didn't know anything was unbolted) and it fell on a fellow worker's
foot...just behind the steel toe.  So, nothing is perfect.

--
Jerry Durand, Durand Interstellar, Inc.
www.interstellar.com