[SML] AB5 Safety Glove Mark VIII

taco at peak.org taco at peak.org
Tue Aug 2 20:41:25 UTC 2016

A worker at our plant, long ago, I'll call him Jose, since that was his name, managed to get the end of his steel-toed boot under a full 55 gallon drum of some liquid as it was being wrestled into place by a small crew with some kind of barrel dolly. The steel cap punched through the boot and stopped at the concrete. Destroyed the boot. Chipped the concrete floor. Considerable crushing and bruising to the toes, but they probably would have been flattened and removed without the protection. He limped into work the very next day, refusing to take any time off. I took this as a lesson. Whenever there is safety gear associated with a job, I wear it. If there is safety equipment, I use it. If there are safety instructions, I follow them.