[SML] H&S Contracts?

illuminati500 illuminati500 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 12:59:43 UTC 2016

The think about safety policies is that they are specific to productions. IF there were a one size fits all, I haven’t seen it!. Even if there was it would be an uphill struggle to get people to read it regularly and live by it- people get habituated to these things and forget them when it comes to the crunch. Obviously there are  interlocking things like working at height policies, manual handling and so on, but these are  multi-industry, freely available regulations to be followed. When it comes to individual productions, indoor or outdoor and especial;y with students, it is important that they are written for each production, assessing the risks and laying out amelioration methods. That way they get to discuss and identify things they may not have though of, like for example weatherproofing of connectors, earthing methods, expansion and contraction of scaffolding clamps etc. secondary means of suspension over public places,  crowd behaviour, barrier types, weapons and sharps.

When it comes to third parties here in the UK we are usually required to produce all our policies, risk assessments, insurances, PAT test certs, food hygiene etc., and method statement well in advance: and any incoming company using our resources has to produce theirs or no dice.