[SML] LED Cyc Lights

Jeffrey E. Salzberg jeff at jeffsalzberg.com
Wed Aug 3 17:15:24 UTC 2016

Products I've used and liked a lot:

  * The Altman SpectraCyc.  It comes in a variety of configurations, for
    different situations.  In 16-bit mode, the dimming is smooth.
  * The Chroma-Q Colorforce: very very bright.  Dimming's not as good as
    the Altman (subjective opinion; I haven't done a shootout), but it
    has many attractive options, depending  on how many DMX channels
    you're willing to dedicate.  With the appropriate option diffusers,
    can be used much closer to the backdrop.

I've seen the ETC in demo, and liked it, but I haven't used it in a show.

On 8/3/2016 12:22 PM, Richard John Archer via Stagecraft wrote:
> So what are people using now or what would you buy today?

---