[SML] Relays vs. Traditional Circuit Breakers for LED Power.

dale dale at cybercom.net
Thu Aug 11 15:13:28 UTC 2016

Another important consideration is the location of the breaker panel in question.
If it is located far away, at an inconvienent location, or in a locked electrical closet.... then remote control mechanisms becomes far more useful.
If this is the case, then an approach I saw used once was having all those circuits coming from the panel in the locked power room went to a big array of ordinary light switches that was in the stage managers office.  Each one was labeled with circuit number and what it served.  This was done when the cost of remote switched control was super expensive.  And a light switch from regular sources was far less expensive than relays and control system.  It's worth costing out this approach versus the suggested panel and control system.
And what kind of control system does this suggested array of breakers use? That won't be free either, and inserts another point of failure into your system.
Dale

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone