[SML] Illuminated prop cel phone question

Davin Gaddy davin at techie.com
Sun Aug 14 05:18:06 UTC 2016

Steve,

I'm with Dale in pulling apart a real one if possible.  Otherwise, instead of the luminous film, I'd suggest putting in a small translucent film where the screen would be and then backlight with small LEDs.  These from China look like they might work.
http://tinyurl.com/j8q5lza

Davin

 "I am faced with the prop challenge of creating a cel phone that could light
 up and we would see the light on the face of the actress in the
 mostly-dark, then when the person she is calling doesn't answer, throws the
 phone in disgust. Rather than use a real phone, I am inclined to fashion a
 prop for this.
 Seems to me that there was some discussion here some time ago about some
 type of luminous film.
 My hope is that a button battery or two and such a film might fit the bill.
 Anybody out there remember such a thing?

 --
 Steven J McLean
 steve.mclean at simpson.edu
 designandtechtheatre.wordpress.com"