[SML] Illuminated prop cel phone question

Allison Koster kosteral at juno.com
Thu Aug 11 19:29:40 UTC 2016

Use a real phone.  Period.

Find people willing to donate old phones.
Talk to your local cellphone retailers--perhaps they have some outdated models or refurbs or others they'd be willing to donate (or sell you cheap).
Else shop the TracPhones at your local big box retailer...

If you're pinching pennies and can't afford (or find) several to break + spares, consider putting the phone in one of those 'unbreakable' cases such as Otterbox.

Allison Koster
Worthington, MN

I am faced with the prop challenge of creating a cel phone that could light
up and we would see the light on the face of the actress in the
mostly-dark, then when the person she is calling doesn't answer, throws the
phone in disgust.  Rather than use a real phone, I am inclined to fashion a
prop for this.
Seems to me that there was some discussion here some time ago about some
type of luminous film.
My hope is that a button battery or two and such a film might fit the bill.
Anybody out there remember such a thing?

--
Steven J McLean