[SML] lay out methods

Dan Sheehan dsheehan.sml at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 19:59:03 UTC 2016

Steve Hood's method will work best if the two vectors
meet at something approaching a right angle. Or at least an obtuse angle.

In my "home" space, I have a method which won't be applicable
for most of you, but may be of interest to some.
I have holes drilled in my floor at 4' grid points (sometimes 2').
including PL/CL intersection.  This is equivalent to having
4x8 sheets in a running bond pattern, except I have no sheets.

Design to the grid in your CAD of choice,
build to designed dimensions,
install to on-stage grid...   and it fits.

Accurate measuring to set the points was done *once*,
many years ago. Great return-on-investment for time spent.

--
...Dan Sheehan
Fixer of things that break