[SML] Sawstop

NODEraser noderaser at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 22:16:25 UTC 2016

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 1:10 PM, Duncan Mahoney via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Unfortunately, Sawstop is suing to prevent sales of the Bosch saw in the
> USA.  My opinion of the Sawstop Corp dropped a notch or two when I heard
> that…

There was also the period when they were pushing for legislation that
would require their patented technology be a requirement for all new
table saws, via licensing.

I worked for a time in a shop with the Industrial version, it seemed a
perfectly good saw but the nuisance trip rate was not minimal; I think
we went through a cartridge/blade combination every 3 months or so,
but that was in a shop with a regular 40-hour work week. Somehow, I
tripped one that neither actuated the brake or dropped the blade... It
occurred after a short bind while ripping fresh 1x pine, I pushed
through the bind and then the blade coasted to a stop, and the
diagnostic lights indicated the cartridge needed to be replaced.

--
[Greg Bennett]
-Independent Carpenter, Electrician & Lighting Designer