[SML] God Of Carnage Vomit

Richard John Archer rja10 at cornell.edu
Sat Aug 20 15:51:25 UTC 2016

We are looking for suggestions on the vomit devices used in your productions of The God of Carnage.

Daniel L. Miller, M.F.A.
Director of Theatre
Associate Professor of Theatre
1200 W. University Ave. / Mitchell, SD / 57301
605-995-2710 (o) 605-290-0641 (c) / www.dwu.edu<http://www.dwu.edu/>

I asked  my daughter…she worked for the production management co.   on the brdwy production

  *   Pump with a tiny tube.
  *   Actress sat on couch.
  *   Pump lived in couch. In Sound proofing box (or possibly just under the deck in a sound proofing box. We had three shows with pumps that season and they all lived in similar type places so I mix them up.)
  *   Tube was wound up through the seat.
  *   Actress would grab tube (she had long sleeves and at some point threaded it through her jacket Maybe there was actually a tube rigged into the jacket that she would just couple. it was one of those. Probably the latter.) and would "cover" mouth as if to stop vomit. Vomit would spray through hands.
  *   Pump was custom made. (I want to say they started with some kind of fishtank pump and adapted from there but...?)
  *   Vomit was some combo of cereals I believe ( i think oatmeal plus…?)

They had to test the cereal a bunch of time cuz it would get stuck in the pump if too big

DickA
TD, Cornell U