[SML] Podium

Lou Poppler loupoppler at cableone.net
Wed Aug 24 17:13:51 UTC 2016

One place I used to work had a choice of "Standing Podium," meaning a full size lectern standing on the deck, or a "Table Podium," meaning the top 1/2 of a full lectern, to be placed on top of a head table.   We tried not to think about clients standing on top of the folding tables...  Resistance was pretty futile, as these terms were [mis-]used by the bosses, the salespeople, the clients, the setup-worksheet computer, and eventually even by the AV guys (sometimes with an apologetic "I know, I know, it's really ....").