[SML] Please Turn Off All Electronic Devices

Richard Niederberg ladesigners at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 14:46:43 UTC 2016

Dear Stephen,
To maintain quality control for adjacent audience members, next time DON'T
Restrain Yourself. You would be doing favor for others, not just for
yourself. Mace is seriously not recommended, as it would effect other
audience members.
/s/ Richard
_________

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 6:48 AM, Stephen Rees via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Yes. I noted that usage when seeing a couple of shows there a two weeks
> ago. Much more useful.
> Not that it stopped the woman behind me from taking a call during Sweeney
> Todd.  l had all I could do to restrain myself.
> Ack!
> Steve
>
> Stephen E. Rees
> RAC Addition Project Shepherd
> State University of New York at Fredonia
> 716.673.3208 Office
> 716.680.1565 Mobile
>

> On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 9:43 AM, Dave Wortman via Stagecraft <
> stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>
>> I've never liked this standard generic pre-show warning.
>> It's way too broad (e.g. hearing aids, pacemakers, insulin pumps, digital
>> watches)
>>
>> The Shaw Festival at Niagara on the Lake, ON came up with a much better
>> version this year:
>>

>> Please Turn Off ALL Light and Sound Emitting Electronic Devices.
>>

>> It succinctly prohibits everything that might bother the audience,
>> without being too broad.
>> It's eminenetly enforcable, if the house staff see a light or hear a
>> sound they can pounce.

/s/ Richard
_________