[SML] Copyright Considerations

Steve Payne mixedupsteve at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 08:01:41 UTC 2016

A performance right gives the performer the right to perform live a piece
of music written by someone else. Usually a group like BMI, ASCAP, etc.
grants these to venues.
A mechanical right gives the performer the right to make a recording of a
song written by someone else. I have used Harry Fox firm for these.
Video, streaming, etc. can get pretty complicated and I've used
Soundexchange when I need to.

Steve