[SML] Fire hoses

B. H. Ackler backler at ix.netcom.com
Sun Aug 28 19:40:21 UTC 2016

Making an analogy that might cause interesting reaction:

Should we not adopt the same concept as confronting an "active shooter" and
not wait for the Pros (SWAT) and slow down or end the situation as soon as
possible.

Train the professional theatre staff to use a Fire Hose/Fight a Fire AND to
know when to leave/evacuate the building. Make them earn the Boy Scout Fire
Safety merit badge. :-)

At numerous times when the campus/local fire department has been doing
inspections/fire extinguisher renewals, arranging to have Staff and Student
Assistants actually handle and use an "to be recharged" extinguisher and maybe
actually use a standard 1-1/4" hose might be a good start.

But YES, getting safely out of the building is most important.

Fire Equipment is also theatre equipment and we should be trained in its use.

Bryan H. Ackler