[SML] Pc email program

NODEraser noderaser at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 03:43:51 UTC 2016

On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 12:40 PM, Dave Vick via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 9:50 AM, herrick goldman via Stagecraft
> <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>
>> Ok so just switched to Windows.
>
> Eew.

I don't know, I'm not really feeling the Apple love as much as I used
to either. I've downsized to just the iMac on my desktop, not counting
all the pre-Intel PPC and 68k machines I need to clear out of my
basement. It still runs Mountain Lion, though I will probably try and
give it an upgrade after replacing the hard drive (the installer won't
let you do an OS upgrade if there are SMART errors reported). I
converted most of my daily use machines over to Mac after the release
of Windows Vista back in the mid 2000s. IMHO, you just don't get as
much "bang for the buck" in the hardware department as you used to;
since everything is Intel you could build a Windows machine to spec
for much cheaper, and most of the reasonably priced Macs these days
rely on Intel graphics. Used to be, even the lower-end MacBook Pros
and iMacs had mid-range ATI/nVidia cards in them.

And don't even get me started on the USB type C business... Remember
when we were only going to need one connector for everything?

--
[Greg Bennett]
-Independent Carpenter, Electrician & Lighting Designer