[SML] Help with my Book?

Paul G. pguncheon at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 23:13:05 UTC 2016

<<Is the Publisher/Distributor seeking 'Peer Review'?>>

"Peer Reviews"? I don't even have a boat.

Merely being the lowly author, I'm not directly involved in the marketing end of this (thank the grid!) my lady is. We're putting "5 Little Stories At Christmas Time" up for free  from the 7th to the 11th. As near as I can figure out what the captivating Beth (My Lady) has told me, several of the "free book" sites require books to have a certain number of reviews in order to be listed. Hence my imploring folks to not only buy my book but to review it. Reviews, positive or negative, are extremely important to me.

When I was designing for small budget theatre (my first love among perhaps too many) I craved reviews of my work. Not that I needed my ego massaged, but just to get some impartial feedback. An actor friend of mine were talking about it and I explained that every night he went out on stage, he received applause or laughs or some reactions from the audience. That was his feedback... every night. A printed review could be the only feedback a designer ever received. So yeah, I like reviews. Fortunately, I have never received a bad one, even when I thought I deserved it. The few times I designed poorly or outright failed, then reviewers remained silent. They might savage the actors, wardrobe, lights, sound, but never one of my sets. For that I have always been grateful.

Anyway, here are the links to my books:

5 Little Stories at Christmas Time
https://www.amazon.com//dp/B01MCWRP25

The Story of Miles, an Elf
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N0ENOSI

"5 Little Stories at Christmas Time" is currently $0.99. It'll be free from the 7th to the 11th.

"The Story of Miles, an Elf" is currently $0.99 as well. Not sure if we're going to make it free or not.

We're also not sure if we're going to do the CreateSpace thing for providing an option for a (paperback) printed copy. The timing is really short. The formatting is apparently a convoluted nightmare fraught with Catch-22's, and I mentioned that it was implicitly hard to make it worth it when one's profit from a $4.99 sale was -$2.20. I guess you make up for it volume. The complexities of simple online publishing are myriad and legend... or so we are learning. I'm glad that's not my end of things.

So, buy my books! (Notice the smooth sales technique?) And yes, I would love reviews from you guys.

Laters,

Paul 1