[SML] Pre-cut breaking glass and hiding the seams

Paul G. pguncheon at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 00:14:35 UTC 2016

About sugar glass: forget it. I tried many time to make it and never came close to anything acceptable... or even workable. Usually the panes were heavily distorted, and always, always sticky. Even the best solution was a disastrous mess.

Breakaway glass is extremely expensive and will completely shatter requiring a new piece every performance with probably a bunch of backups for the ones that will break when you do the installs.

I don't know the show so I don't know how upscale the store is. As a designer, I have a dictum: "If you can't hide it, accentuate it." Often stores will temporarily repair broken glass with clear tape. People won't even notice anything strange about it... if they notice it at all, until the glass is part of the action.

Hope this helps and elect us know how you solved this problem.

Laters,

Paul 1

Sent from my iPad