[SML] shipping

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Mon Dec 12 18:52:46 UTC 2016

Just had a call from a UPS billing person who's thinking.  !!

On Dec 1st I dropped off an overnight package, it was scanned and I got
a receipt.

On December 2nd it wasn't delivered, tracking only showed the original
scan.  I filed a Lost Package report and  the package was finally
scanned again that evening.

Their tracking now showed "on time" delivery for Monday the 5th.

Nope, not going to fly with me, not for overnight prices.  I filed a
refund request.

Now comes the call.  The person said she sees the request was denied but
it didn't make any sense to her, so she called to verify things.

It seems that UPS doesn't count a package as shipped until the DRIVER
scans it but during holiday season he just loads up the truck and
doesn't scan anything until it's unloaded, whenever that is.  So a Next
Day package is sitting there waiting for someone to notice it.  The
receipt you get doesn't actually count for anything.

The UPS person said she was marking this as a valid refund and seeing if
she can get it through as that just doesn't sound right to her.

--
Jerry Durand, Durand Interstellar, Inc.
www.interstellar.com