[SML] Subject: Flying Effects / Aerial Dance, Liability, and

Bill Sapsis bill at sapsis-rigging.com
Tue Feb 2 12:02:07 UTC 2016

Duncan.

Thank you for your thoughtful and well reasoned response to the performer flying question.  I’m in complete agreement with your comments.

I want to point out that the ESTA Performer Flying Standard,  BSRE1.43-201X, has cleared all of the hurdles at ESTA and is on it’s way to ANSI for final approval and acceptance as an ANSI Standard.  If all goes well that will happen between now and USITT.  I bring this up because I believe the Standard will address and resolve a number of questions the flying performer community might have, especially with respect to definitions.

I’ll keep you posted as to the document’s progress.

Bill S.

bill at sapsis-rigging.com
http://www.sapsis-rigging.com
+1.267.278.4561   mobile