[SML] stage gunfire noise levels

Mikkel Mynster M.Mynster at mtc.com.au
Wed Feb 3 05:09:55 UTC 2016

Hi All

I work for a theatre company which is trying to develop a policy about loud noises used on stage - in particular this has been prompted by several recent productions which have used blank-firing pistols. We're hampered in our efforts to develop a useful policy by having insufficient data on which to base the policy. We took some dB measurements of pistols during our last production to use them, using a hand-held dB meter, but I'm not sure that I entirely trust the results; I'm not sure that the equipment is designed to measure the kinds of SPL generated by a pistol shot... I'm not sure the microphone can adequately handle the full frequency range, and I'd really like to get a graphical output of the peak SPL.

Have any of you been through this before? Do any of you have noise policies (especially based on measured data) that you might be willing to share?

Cheers
Mikkel

Mikkel Mynster | Production Manager
Melbourne Theatre Company | 252 Sturt Street, Southbank VIC 3006 | mtc.com.au
T: +61 3 8688 0912 | M: +61 411 123 772| F: +61 3 8688 0901 | E: m.mynster at mtc.com.au

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.  This e-mail and any attachments may contain personal information or information that is otherwise confidential or the subject of copyright. Any use, disclosure or copying of any part of it is prohibited.  MTC does not warrant that this email or any attachments are free from viruses or defects. Please check any attachments for viruses and defects before opening them.  If this e-mail is received in error please notify the sender by return e-mail. MTC does not necessarily share or endorse the views expressed in this email.

Disclaimer added by CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro
http://www.codetwo.com