[SML] LED HOUSE LIGHTS - RETROFIT

Bill Conner billconnerastc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 22:16:38 UTC 2016

I have not done exactly what you are asking for but close.  You should
consider the ETC ArcSystem - GDS developed projects being manufactured
by ETC in US. They have a pendant cylinder that is about 8" diameter
and 10" tall that is a 4 cell - 4 of their engines.  It's available
with a mesh network - so just one (or a few) transmitters on the DMX
output of the house light controls or console and replace the dimmer
modules with constants or non-dims, and you're there.  (Might consider
just re-feeding the house light circuits from a near by circuit
breaker panel of tap off dimmer feed to a new small panel - probably
need a third of fourth of the existing circuits - just power.)

About the best "white" I've seen and very good dimming - as good as
any stage and studio LED.

Now, if you have emergency transfer, there are several ways to handle
that with these fixtures and which you choose depends on a much more
specific review of what you have and where.  (I'm available for just
that sort of thing.)

Besides never re-lamping, the house lighting will probably be more
even - usually but not always a good thing.

--
Bill Conner Fellow of the ASTC