[SML] Show Cue Systems and USB audio interface

Bill Peeler billpeeler at txstate.edu
Fri Feb 12 17:49:01 UTC 2016

I recently found myself in the same situation as Ken: the need for a PC
based cue system that could handle both audio and video. After much
research, I purchased a license for Show Cue System and installed it on
a desktop unit dedicated to the purpose and "customized" with a solid
state hard drive, maxed memory and a mid-level graphics card. When used
for a recent dance concert that relied heavily on not only audio, but
also graphics and video, it worked flawlessly. Having never used (or
been able to afford) Qlab, I was concerned about the learning curve, but
I found the program to be intuitive and capable. As Ken has described
his situation and goals, I would have no problem recommending SCS. FWIW,
a local community theatre I've worked with for several years has been
using SCS for a long time and has also been quite pleased with it.

As a side note, I am somewhat amazed that the folks at Figure 53 haven't
ported Qlab to windows. Looking at all the forums and search results on
the net, there is a goodly number of folks in Ken's situation. It seems
that they're missing out on considerable business.

Bill Peeler