[SML] Show Cue Systems and USB audio interface

Andy Lang andy at soundguyandy.com
Sun Feb 21 19:07:24 UTC 2016

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 12:49 PM Bill Peeler via Stagecraft
stagecraft at theatrical.net <http://mailto:stagecraft@theatrical.net> wrote:

I As a side note, I am somewhat amazed that the folks at Figure 53 haven't
> ported Qlab to windows. Looking at all the forums and search results on the
> net, there is a goodly number of folks in Ken's situation. It seems that
> they're missing out on considerable business.

That’s for the simple fact that QLab relies on a large number of frameworks
that are built into OS X. A big part of what makes QLab QLab is that it is
on OS X. Without OS X, there is no QLab.

Considering that, for best performance, a playback computer should be
dedicated explicitly for use as a playback machine, in many cases folks buy
Macs to run QLab if that’s the software they need to do what they’re trying
to accomplish, regardless of what OS they may choose for other purposes.

Best always,
Andy

—
Andy Lang