[SML] Marley-type floor covering question.

christopher pike crpikeindavis at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 22:08:13 UTC 2016

I guess at UCLA you roll your marley up on a regular basis, and then
store it.  In the case of my studio, we are heat welding the seems of
the panels and leaving them down for years. So we storing the vinyl
isn't an issue.

The advisor at Entertainment Flooring Systems was very certain that it
is the cycling of temperature, and expanding and contracting of air
that creates ripples.   It occurs to me that in a big theatre like at
UCLA, your stage floor is not cycling in temperature because it is in
a big auditorium, so this may not be an issue for you.   But in a one
room dance studio, we turn the heat off at the end of the day to save
money, and so the room can easily cycle 15 degrees in a day/night.

So, I don't know, it could be that this temperature cycling was the
cause of the ripples we had in my last marley product.

What do you think of my idea of an industrial electric blanket to
relax the ripples when they arrise?