[SML] Marley-type floor covering question.

SAMUEL JONES sjones at autoplotvw.com
Fri Feb 12 21:58:14 UTC 2016

First, If it’s not broken don’t fix it.  Keep doing what you are doing.

Second, there are 2 issues here.
1. If your PVC is straight and round, you’re good.  PVC, per se, is not the issue.  The fact that it is difficult to find straight, round PVC tubing.  It seems to be easier to find carpet centers that meet that criteria.  Over time, if the tube is curved, the floor will get permanent ripples; it doesn’t matter how it is stored.

2. Storing on end.  I’ll buy into this if:
	a) the tube takes all the weight with no vinyl taking weight except in the wrap not on the floor.
	b) be sure the tubes are very close to vertical; minimize the lean with a chain restraint.

Third, see First.

Sam