[SML] DMX silk flame units

gbierly gbierly at dejazzd.com
Wed Feb 24 04:24:51 UTC 2016

On Feb 23, 2016, at 6:37 PM, Matthew Whiton via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

>       I'm wondering if anyone has positive experience with a make and model of DMX control-able silk flame/ non-combustion fire effect.
>      I've seen the AFX Flame6 which is overkill for my needs and the color control looks less suited to realistic flame colors.
>       The unit in question is going into a 50-60 gallon trash can, which puts space at something of a premium.

Does it have to be DMX controllable?  I have gotten some pretty nice units for $25 (two amber lamps and a blue in the center, that would fit nicely in a trash can.  I have had success with putting them on a standard dimmer.  I would think dmx control wouldn't add much capability but add to the cost.

Greg Bierly
Performing Arts Center Manager
Hempfield High School