[SML] Huh.. Interesting

Joe D jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 5 17:13:13 UTC 2016

I imagine that many of these special cases will not come back after a performance from people waling out and forgetting they had them.

I had a phone a number of years ago that would regularly set-off the theft detection device at the door of a local store.  So, I imagine it is possible to make a screening device that can detect a phone.  Perhaps such a device would only detect a phone that is not in "airplane mode", or even better, detect a phone that is on at all.  The venue could just require that entrance required that the phone be turned off.

This would not totally prevent all people from using their phone, but it would cut back substantially on the number of incoming phone calls interrupting a performance.

-Joe