[SML] Drafting Texts

Joe D jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 11 18:28:30 UTC 2016

I have not specific book recommendations. But, I wanted to share a lament I have from my mechanical drafting training and a few decades in the world of machine CAD design.  Even for machine design, there is the need for hand sketching. And while CAD programs have improved over the years, they still are not as quick and easy to use as we would like.  Very early design concepts should be done by hand.  And of course, in theater, the aesthetic part of the design is even more of a pain to do on a computer.

So, I recommend adding some study in freehand sketching and artistic drawing, even if art is not a particular interest to that young man..

-Joe