[SML] 208 pipe mounted dimmer packs?

Scott C. Parker scparker at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 01:32:02 UTC 2016

Thanks all. More homework is needed on my part. I'll check with ETC.
This thought was born from my last show. I had two movers and four Lekos on
a truss. I ran a mutli cable out to the truss with a 6 circuit breakout. On
the dimmer end I needed to use a break-in to split the power between four
dimmers from a rack and two constants from a second distro. Non-dim modules
are in our future.
All of these were 120V.
If I had run a 208V line to the movers, I would have been able to run one
cable to the two of them. Had I had a remote dimmer that could take in
208V, (if one exists) I would have run a second line; ditched the portable
dimmer rack and just used a 208 distro. A bonus would be a bigger cushion
regarding voltage drop.

--
Thanks,
Scott

Scott C. Parker
Lighting Designer http://scpld.com/ Studio 212-533-3430  Cell 718-757-6661
http://twitter.com/stageseminars
https://www.linkedin.com/in/lightingdesigner
USA829, IES, PLASA, USITT, ETCP certified Rigger & Electrician