[SML] USA Drafting Standards

Scott C. Parker scparker at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 01:18:51 UTC 2016

The USITT standards will work just fine provided that all the information
is there to enable a shop and electrician to pull a show from a rental shop
and fully hang, focus, cue, etc. The needed paperwork is on the USA website
exam pages. Using a well thought out Section is a must... Not just the
pretty one, but a working one with all the sightlines, etc.

Steve Shelley's book will help on paper work As will Anne McMill's.

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 3:59 PM, Thomas Marhenke via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> I have a friend who is thinking about joining USA.  He drafts using USITT
> drafting standards, I asked if there were drafting standards that USA
> required and he didn't know.  Anyone out there know?  Just curious.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom
>
> --
> Tom Marhenke
> Technical Director, Theatre
> Hamilton College
> 198 Colllege Hill Road
> Clinton, NY 13323
> 315-859-4869
> Tmarhenk at hamilton.edu

Thanks,
Scott

Scott C. Parker
Lighting Designer http://scpld.com/ Studio 212-533-3430  Cell 718-757-6661
http://twitter.com/stageseminars
https://www.linkedin.com/in/lightingdesigner
USA829, IES, PLASA, USITT, ETCP certified Rigger & Electrician