[SML] Title Block Content

Joe D jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 25 15:23:02 UTC 2016

Most of my experience has been outside of the entertainment industry. But, only the large companies I worked for required signatures on drawings for internal use. The overwhelming majority of theaters are what I would call small companies.  There should be enough trust and communication at a small company to make the signatures unnecessary.

However, when an outside firm is placing an order for us to produce, then an approval signature from the customer, on a hard copy is important. It is part of the contract. This is true for both large and small companies.

Note there has also been a trend in industry to use software to manage documents.  This includes an electronic signature process.  This has often replaced physical signatures.

-Joe