[SML] Theater Tech Website

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Tue Jan 26 19:28:53 UTC 2016

On 01/26/2016 11:17 AM, Richard John Archer via Stagecraft wrote:

> If you have a PDF make sure the drawing has a scale drawn on it (like
> a map will have a miles bar) Many PDF's do not print to scale so
> something that will get someone close could be useful.

I've also found when going to/from some formats the unit information is
discarded such that the thing you drew in inches is quietly converted to
mm (as in 1 inch = 1 mm) when they open it.  I had a mold shop call me
and say they couldn't mold something with details that small.  I've
started including a labeled reference cube when in doubt, like 1 inch or
1 cm on a side.

tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886